- October 17, 2018
- Posted by: admin
Job Reports To: COO
Provide administrative support to individuals inside the firm and assist with internal firm administrative tasks and projects.
Job Responsibilities and/or Activities:
Administrative Support Generalist
- Responsible for copier and printer maintenance.
- Act as a back-up for preparing daily deposit ticket and taking deposit to bank.
- Prepare various types of correspondence; copies; scans; assembles; mails; delivers, and picks up as necessary.
- Obtain approval from AL State Board of Public Accountancy for firm presented CPE Seminars, creates certificates of completion, and distributes to attendees.
- Maintain CPE tracking requirements for all firm CPA’s.
- Coordinate use of meeting space for internal and external use. Include set up, and clean up.
- Organize group food orders as requested, during tax season, and for meetings/seminars.
- Plan and coordinates firm events.
- Share back-up front desk and main phone line coverage.
- Handle ordering of office supplies, and miscellaneous purchases for firm (groceries, flowers, client gifts, etc.)
- Maintain and distribute telephone extension listing.
- Prepare workstation for new employees.
- Administrative contact for all office facilities matters (communication with landlord, etc.)
- Conduct inventory control by determining which items or equipment need asset tags; assign and track asset tags using the Asset Inventory spreadsheet.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Cross-Train as back-up for other Administrative Team members. Skilled at the general duties applicable to all AAs.
- Maintain position manual.
- Other duties, as requested by management.
All Firm Administrative Assistants
- Responsible for general office operations, internal workflow, and recording of daily administrative and billable time.
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed, proofing for grammar, content, and accuracy; maintain up-to-date files.
- Open, read and answer incoming mail and independently handle or attach appropriate file/information.
- Plan and coordinate projects and assignments by organizing own schedule, and that of others, to meet deadlines.
- Troubleshoot software and equipment, including printer and copiers; keeping them stocked with paper and in working order.
- Schedule conference rooms for meetings and prepare agendas. Order office supplies when needed.
- Assist in the digital process of storing data as it relates to internal and client files.
- Interprets and enforces administrative and operating policies and procedures for team members, while also keeping documentation current and published.
- Perform other job-related duties and activities, as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent working knowledge of PC’s with accurate data input and advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office Certifications.
- Ability to work under the stress of maintaining the proper connection between members of management team, employees, and clients.
- Ability to exchange information, to present ideas and report facts and other information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while remaining organized.
- Ability to be flexible and/or re-prioritize based on the firm’s needs.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individual(s) aware of same, for decision-making.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional office environment and possess an executive presence in dress, speech, and manner.
- Ability to manage own workflow with minimal supervision, and resolve complex questions and problems with members of management team.
- Good communication and organizing skills; exhibit accuracy when working with details, paying special attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability and willingness to meet attendance standards and work overtime hours, as requested.
- Ability to cross-train on all administrative positions to achieve a full understanding of the entire firm’s administrative needs and to facilitate administrative team work throughout the firm.
- Possess versatile administrative skills to be able to perform other duties, as needed, when requested by management.
- Strong ethics and ability to handle sensitive information. Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Accounting knowledge pertaining to accounts payable and receivable.
- Proficient in the use of Practice CS, CCH, and QuickBooks.
- 2-5 years’ experience in office management or administration.
- Previous experience in a professional service firm culture.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associates Degree in a business-related field.
- The Company’s office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
- Work schedule may be flexible, and the ability to work overtime may be required to accommodate the operational needs of the Firm.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.